We often talk about how digital marketing enables us to be fleet of foot, yet all too often we don’t actually take advantage of it. Yesterday Galore Park reminded me just how compelling timely marketing can be with this opportunistic email.
Why is it so good?
- Eye catching subject line which will resonate with their target audience
- Great copy that ties the newsworthy item with their product
- Link to a fuller report on the Galore Park website
- Clear layout and use of colour to draw the eye – you only need to read the red text to understand the message
- Strong call to action
- Ability to share with friends by email and Facebook to encourage wider reach
Overall this is a brilliant example of a savvy marketer who is in tune with their audience and recognises a golden sales opportunity when they hear one. The timing of the email is guaranteed to generate an uplift in open and click through rates – if they had waited a week the headline would have had far less impact.
My only comment is that knowing Galore Park as I do, their customer base is mainly independent schools. For this email to truly have impact they need to be targeting state schools (which, for all I know, they did). And back it up with strong social media messages to reach a wider audience and encourage debate around the issue.
An excellent reminder that we need to keep our ear to the ground and be prepared to act quickly to take advantage of marketing opportunities such as this.